Wednesday, January 7, 2009

One player's plan for staying in the league

Good quote from WAS forward Dominic McGuire in a story on Hoops Addict today.

Over the last nine games, McGuire's minutes have jumped from 10-12 a night to about 30 a night as WAS coach Ed Tapscott has moved McGuire into the starting SF spot.

According to Coach Tapscott, McGuire is "one of those guys that does those other things people normally don’t speak about. He rebounds the ball, he defends well and... he works at it and embraces his role."

Despite his expanded role, McGuire says he'll keep doing what he's been doing:

"I’m just practicing hard and working out when I wasn’t playing. So I just tried to keep the same routine and just be prepared. I don’t really think about whoever they tell me to guard. I just go out there and do it to the best of my ability. That’s what I do on this team, and that’s how I’ll stay in this league."