Saturday, January 17, 2009

It's amazing how much gets done when nobody's worried about getting credit

Earlier this week, the Lions named Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz as the team's new head coach.

According to Coach Schwartz, one of the Titans' keys to success has been a sense of selflessness.

"It's amazing how much can get done when nobody's worried about who gets credit for it," Schwartz said. "I think the whole objective is to get the player right, to get the circumstance right, not who's right. That's going be the emphasis here. It'll be to get the player right. It's funny. I had a person ask me in Tennessee, 'Well, who makes the final decision on draft or roster?' I'm the defensive coordinator, and I said, 'You know, I really don't know.' And that's how good the relationship was and that's how unselfish the relationship was, that even people in the organization didn't know."